Solved! Broken battery or no battery = lag spikes?

chiribauradu

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Hi everybody!

I have my Asus ROG G771JW for like 3 years, my battery is broken (it lasts 5 minutes, but no error shown like "please change the battery"). I have lag spikes in every game, is it because of my broken battery?

Also if I remove the battery and play only plugged in to AC is lagging harder than having the battery.
Thank you!
PS: always playing plugged in to AC.

Solution
I have the same thing with my Lenovo W model laptop, if I remove the the battery on wall power, in full power mode in BIOS and in Windows, the system is a lot slower than when both battery and wall power are used. I did not spend too much time looking into why exactly, but it is a real thing.

chiribauradu

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015

Thanks for the answer
It drives me crazy. This laptop can run lots of games with decent graphic settings. It's running smoothly. But those spikes, I am 90% sure are because of broken battery, or no battery inserted.
Anyway I ordered an aftermarket battery, I will come back after I'll receive it.
Hopefully will have an answer for this issue.

I have the same thing with my Lenovo W model laptop, if I remove the the battery on wall power, in full power mode in BIOS and in Windows, the system is a lot slower than when both battery and wall power are used. I did not spend too much time looking into why exactly, but it is a real thing.

Solution