Broken headphone Jack

Ultimate Gamer

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Ey please help me,so I have a nexus 7 2013 with but when I connect my headphone it produces no sound but the tablet connects and recognizes the headphone but no sound,it worked a while ago.I also tried different headphones and cleaned the port still the same problem,please help

Thank you

Solution
It seems the headphone jack needs to be replaced. But you will need to ship it to whatever Asus (or Google) repair depot that is listed in the warranty.

Ultimate Gamer

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

What if it doesn't have warranty, how much will they charge me?

Okay, I guess you bought a used or refurbished N7 which means you don't get a warranty.

In that case bring it to a local electronics repair store and simply as them how much they will charge you. No sense in paying to ship it somewhere to get repaired.

I would guess maybe $50. The part itself should not be too expensive, it's the labor that gets you.

For example, about 5 year's ago my friends car blew a gasket in the engine block. The gasket is between the top half and bottom half of the engine block that basically seals the entire engine block. I think he said the charge for a new gasket was $60 or so, the cost of labor to take the engine apart was $950.