Broken moto g screen

power2daplayer

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Hey guys i need help with this issue i got.
Ok so i have a moto g 1st gen and the screen cracked. I went and got it fix and after a while the row in the top stopped receiving input.
I told the guy about it and now he is saying is the logic board cause they changed it and the same happens. I really doubt its the logic board and its just them trying to scam me. Thanks in advance

Solution
May I ask how much you paid for the repair? The Moto G is a relatively inexpensive phone, with the 1st Gen version (what you have) currently being sold for about $90 Unlocked.... and it might have been easier to simply replace the entire phone. In any event, there is always some risk in replacing a broken screen... and I honestly don't think it's worth it to pay for more repairs.

Today is Black Friday in the USA... I would wait until Monday and look for another phone.. or at least see what kind of deal could be found... and keep your current phone as a simple backup.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
May I ask how much you paid for the repair? The Moto G is a relatively inexpensive phone, with the 1st Gen version (what you have) currently being sold for about $90 Unlocked.... and it might have been easier to simply replace the entire phone. In any event, there is always some risk in replacing a broken screen... and I honestly don't think it's worth it to pay for more repairs.

Today is Black Friday in the USA... I would wait until Monday and look for another phone.. or at least see what kind of deal could be found... and keep your current phone as a simple backup.

Solution

power2daplayer

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Yea i know it wasnt worth fixing but i did.
I was just wondering if the logic board had anything to do with the top row of the screen not working sinnce thats what they are telling me