Browser will not load most websites, even though it is connected to internet

javaJerry

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
I have tried using Chrome and IE to browse and I have not had any luck. I have tried the laptop on different networks with the same result: "This webpage is not available," even though it shows the computer connected to the internet. I have also checked to make sure it is not using proxy, and that the IPv4 and v6 are connected automatically. I have done a flushdns and a netsh reset on the CMD. I have tried pinging the websites I do not have access to and I get a request timed out. I have done a full avast scan and a full malwarebytes scan. At this point I have no idea what to do.
Anyone got any suggestions?

javaJerry

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
As it seems Firefox works fine and the problem just lies with chrome and IE. I am content with Firefox for now. Thanks for recommendations hope you all have a pleasant day.

Kevin Commins

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014

I'm having similar problem. Email app works, WiFi connected, no browser will load. Won't even load a page to say "page won't load"
I've tried: Virus scan with Norton and Spybot (nothing found), Comcast checked all equipment (works, all other devices work), ping to google.com works, setting DNS to 4.2.2.2 didn't change result

I used your idea for ipconfig/all, I'd like to paste the result, but it's on the computer that doesn't work, not sure how to copy from that computer then paste on this computer.

I could type it all....

M