Built in Laptop Keyboard/Touchpad randomly stops working.

Kris Clark

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
Hi guys I'm a bit new to this forum so bear with me.

First,of all I've had my laptop for 2 and a half or so years now and,I use it for gaming. Here's what my specs looks like, It's a Sony Vaio
SystemInformation_zps8a0a7bc5.png

Now, I did have some trouble with it overheating but I'm getting that sorted out. Recently a few days ago I had shut down my laptop lid for the laptop to go to sleep. Usually I have it so when I shutdown the lid nothing happens but I put it back to default.

After reopening, I can't quite remember whether immediately or shortly after my built in laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. My USB mouse was working fine andso was,my headset. However the keyboard was not responding and neither the touch pad. Usually to counter act this I restart my laptop and it works again and never occurs again until the next day/day after that. However tonight it occured twice in a short span of time. This time in my game of league of legends.
Normally it happens when I'm not doing anything. E.G, not in laptop, searching the web.

Do I need to clean my keyboard? It's not THAT clean so I'll understand if it's that or is it some underlying problem?

Solution
Hi Kris Clark,
I think that you got problem with keyboard and mousepad connector. Same thing happened to me. Try opening your laptop, be careful with that. I suggest watching some tutorials how to do it (find exactly your laptop brand). And then, on the other side of keyboard and mouse pads, you have connectors, make sure they're all the way inside, connected to their ports.
However, this problem can be some kind of random virus as well, but you'll have to eliminate things one by one.

Regards.

Aljosa12

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
Hi Kris Clark,
I think that you got problem with keyboard and mousepad connector. Same thing happened to me. Try opening your laptop, be careful with that. I suggest watching some tutorials how to do it (find exactly your laptop brand). And then, on the other side of keyboard and mouse pads, you have connectors, make sure they're all the way inside, connected to their ports.
However, this problem can be some kind of random virus as well, but you'll have to eliminate things one by one.

Regards.

Solution

Kris Clark

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015

Alrighty mate thanks for the info!
I'll try this as soon as possible.

Aljosa12

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015

No problems, hope it will work for you.

Regards.