Bungie: Maybe A New Halo, Maybe Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]teeth_03[/nom]yeah,about how a 3 pack game (3,ODST,Reach) release for PC after they're done for 360[/citation]

Expect a port from another company. True to the Mac origins I don't think they've ever made a game for the PC.

I can only imagine they want to spread their wings a bit and not just be known as "The Halo Company".

NamronSllim

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
Wow how easy we forget Bungie was a (Famed) Mac game developer long before the XBOX ever made it out of diapers. Yes they made ONI and Halo 1 and 2 for the PC and Mac Except Halo 2

NamronSllim

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
There was not many when they were in production of ONI Microsquirt bought them and ruined ONI and Halo as far as I was concerned. Halo started out as a Mac only project

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
If I recall correctly, on Bungie.net they had said Reach was going to be their last Halo game for the 360. They specifically said 360, although they didn't put any emphasis on it, so there's at least some hope for the next generation. It's not much of a stretch to assume he mis-spoke in the interview.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
One of my LinkedIn contacts is saying they're hiring for Halo development. I'll check the trash bin to see if there's more info.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Eh, who cares. One thing is for sure, they need to ditch consoles and move back to making games on PCs. They're a great company, but Xbox bastardized their original vision for Halo.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I don't understand why they would dump halo from a business standpoint. All they have to do is make a crappy game, call it Halo, and just rake in the money because the other Halo games where so successful. I know I would buy the next one for sure just because it's Halo. They are the most fun and entertaining games I have played on a console.

G

bring halo back halo 4... come on you would make more money than before and the people who plays this game is millions at least do it for the gamers who buys the games..halo complete very good

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Frankly, I couldn't care less. I don't have an Xbox and the PC game was an utterly under-performing game anyway (average graphics, shallow story, repetitive levels). I am not into multiplayer games anyway, the supposed strong point of this franchise. So ... couldn't really care less.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Expect a port from another company. True to the Mac origins I don't think they've ever made a game for the PC.I can only imagine they want to spread their wings a bit and not just be known as "The Halo Company".[/citation]

Of their major games, Marathon was the only series which they developed first for the Mac, then later ported to the PC. Both Myth and Oni were both released for Mac and PC simultaneously, though Oni was also released on the PS2.

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
I've grown so tired of Halo that it doesn't really matter to me. Plus both my 360's are dead and it will take some time to get them back from Microsoft. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.