Bungie Sad Over Original XBL Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]...Quake 2 on PS1 and N64 proved that - both were awesome ports, back in the day. But whilst they can be "played" - it's not the same![/citation]

i played through COD4 on pc, and then decided to play MW2 on xbox 360, and i have to say the experience was just so much better on pc.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Why the hell would Bungie care? Halo 1 for XBOX did not have Online Multiplayer mode and Halo 2 just plain sucked. They should've just made it easy and had a server browser (like Halo 1 PC) without doing this whole 'match making' crap. Not much of a loss there. I still play Halo 1 on PC. Halo 2 for PC is a joke. First of all, the MS Vista requirement. Secondly, lack of online players and the playability is bad. Oh and hello...why make a game for DirectX 9 when you require Vista to play it, which is DirectX 10 compatible?

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
i played through COD4 on pc, and then decided to play MW2 on xbox 360, and i have to say the experience was just so much better on pc.

Add to the fact that COD4 is a much better single player... but yes the pc is better

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Like I said in the original story, Microsoft has no excuse for doing it besides trying to force people to earn more money by forcing people to upgrade. There's no other valid reason for doing so. Just another addition to a long list of why console online gaming sucks and specifically why XBox Live sucks. Your $50 a year earned about 5 years of online gaming. XBox Live is a scam.

I'll re-earn a lot of respect for Bungie if they update all of the old maps as Halo 3 maps.

MamiyaOtaru

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Maxor you're pretty angry sounding. I'm not a Miocrosoft fan. I don't own an Xbox (or a playstation or a wii, and I never will), but they have their reasons for dropping Xbox Life support. If they are to be believed, as retarded as it sounds the backwards compatibility was preventing them from fixing up their current network, allowing things like more than 100 users in a friends list.

Sounds like a programming fail, but if the only way forward os to drop the old they need to do it eventually. And yeah, I see this as an advantage of PC Gaming (at least as it has been. Dunno about these programs that rely on a central server, though that can be patched out: see Aliens Vs. Predator 2)

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Like I said in the original story, Microsoft has no excuse for doing it besides trying to force people to earn more money by forcing people to upgrade. There's no other valid reason for doing so. Just another addition to a long list of why console online gaming sucks and specifically why XBox Live sucks. Your $50 a year earned about 5 years of online gaming. XBox Live is a scam.I'll re-earn a lot of respect for Bungie if they update all of the old maps as Halo 3 maps.[/citation]

The thing i like about the PC modding community is that with a game of this age that has previous releases, favorite maps from old have been updated and added into the new game.

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
what bungie did is what the hardcore denies. bungie dumbed down fps games on the consoles or you can also say that bungie casualized the hardcore pc fps from the pc to the console.

one can play an fps on the pc or the console with a mouse and keyboard as opposed to a controller. but why use the controller? the reason is because it's easier.

on a keyboard you have 104+ buttons. on a controller you have like 10-12 buttons. on the pc, the controls are more complex and on a controller the controls are more simplified.

what the big picture shows is that the hardcore has been played with. what is funny about the reality is that the hardcore is nothing but a puppet for the industry.

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
if you're a pc gamer and played halo, it isn't a good game. it's a standard game. the reason why so many console gamers are so hyped about it is because fps got casualized on the consoles. fps were very bad on the consoles. the controls were wonky and if you wanted to play an fps you'd needed a pc which had complex controls schemes with the keyboard. so halo is like the wii sports for those who wanted to play fps but couldn't because of the problems mentioned above. it's like you never forget the person who first popped your cherry. :)

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
when halo came out, pc had more better games. pc had games like system shock 1 and system shock 2, duke nukem 3d and so on. so halo became famous due to the new easier interface that became accessible to those who wanted to play fps on the consoles.

in all essence, the console is nothing more but a dumbed down version of the pc. on a console, no one needs to worry about system requirements or updates or any other problem. no one has to worry about installing your own mods as the developers make the mods for you and you pay for something that can be free. even the online features of the console is simplified as one doesn't have to worry about setting up the protocol features and all that crap. the consoles became a true plug and play for pc gaming. this is why pc gaming has shrunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.