Burn 100gb to disc and player don't see it ( Help)

Jul 16, 2018
I burned a 100gb bluray disc, with a 4k film, wont see it with a tablet player " Sony x700 " but it does not work. I use dvdfab to creat an 81gb ISO file and burned It into the 100 GB blank disc with imgburn. Someone con help.me to solve this problem and suggest the right software to use. Infinite thanks and sorry for my bad english. P.S. I do not want to know how to remove protection from an uhd I just wanted to know if someone had succeeded to copy a uhd full 1: 1 in a 100gb bluray disc
and which software he used to burn it. Thanks.

Solution
Hi guys, i can confirm the Sony x700 read the uhd disc burned 66gb. I have burn a tdk 100 GB disc and used 2layers the film was about 60gb, and It works perfectly. A geeting everybody.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Are you certain your dvd player can read a 3-layer bluray disc? According to Sony's specs on the x700, it does not.

BD-RE, BD-RE Dual Layer, BD-ROM, CD (CD-DA), CD-R/-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, SA-CD (SA-CD / CD) Playback, Stereoscopic 3D (profile 5), Ultra HD Blu-ray™

What burner did you use? Does the disc work in that?

Also, for the cost of that blank disc, I think it would be cheaper just to buy an actual copy of movie from the store.

Jul 16, 2018
Hi phaelax, the burner i used is a LG 16nu50 burner It can burn 3layer and 4layer, the table player is the Sony x700 it's a uhd player i think It can play 3layer and 4layer disc, i think all uhd discs. Also you in the specifications you say -uhd bluray- are not even the 3 layers included. Thanks.

robert600

Distinguished
Is the blank disk you used a BD XL? Apparently, UHD BD and BD XL are not identical ... so I think the problem is your player is unable to read a BD XL.

A work-around would be to split the movie and burn it on 2 dual layer dics.

robert600

Distinguished
This is interesting. Apparently your player will read BD XL 100GB but ... only the 1st 2 layers. Quote below

"The Sony UBP-X700 will play BDXL-R disks providing that the content does not exceed ~66GB of data (i.e. data written only to the first 2 layers). Initially I burned an .iso image of Blade Runner 2049 4K (over 70GB) to a blank Verbatim BDXL-R disc but the X700 refused to read the disc. Recently, I read on another forum that only writing data to the first 2 layers will likely allow a UHD standalone blu-ray player to read these type of discs. Tried that theory by writing an iso image of Star Trek Into Darkness 4K (approx 60GB) to a Verbatim BDXL-R disc and can confirm that the Sony UBP-X700 will play this disc without any problems."

Full link to forum thread below

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388243-BluRay-Player-with-BDXL-Support

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Robert600, i thank you infinitely, I did not know, of this, I'll try as you say to burn at most 66GB, in a 3-layer 100gb disk and I'll see what happens. I'll let you know as soon if It works, that you know should work even with a 100gb of which I would use only two layers or I must necessarily use a 66gb? Thanks.

robert600

Distinguished
Here's something to keep in mind. Although those disk are called 100 gb ... in actual fact they can only hold 93.2 gb of data. So ... if you can only use 2/3 of the disk ... the size of your files should be at most 62.1 gb.

Yes, please let us know how burning to this size works out.

Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys, i'm back, i tried to burn a film of about 60 GB, therefore in theory double layer, the film was a full 4k hdr. I mastered with dvdfab which in turn used imgburn to burn as my settings my 100 GB triple layer disc. Before starting the burn, the program told me that i was going to burn in a three layer disc using only two layers, finished everything does not work. Exact does not work unfortunately the table Reader does not read the disc.

Jul 16, 2018
Another thing, i used the 66gb setting, in the dvdfab program, there was 50gb 2160p setting and 25gb 2160p setting,
I tried to use the 50gb 2160p setting but the calculation time,
are too long we are talking about 100 hours.
If someone is aware of another program that works better let me know. I will do other tests, I will let you know, greetings to all.

Jul 16, 2018
Hi kerberos, i can not understand, exactly what do you mean, I have burned several bd-r both from 25gb and 50gb and you can see perfectly in the table reader.
The problem is the 100gb bd xl disks that I can burn, but are not seen in the dvd table player.

Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys, i can confirm the Sony x700 read the uhd disc burned 66gb. I have burn a tdk 100 GB disc and used 2layers the film was about 60gb, and It works perfectly. A geeting everybody.

Solution

robert600

Distinguished

Ok ... that's good to know ... thanks for posting