Burn Note Unveils Self-Destructing Messages

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

david-xz

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Use google code inspector, you can get access to the hidden image file :) no need to screen shot, and have problems with the akward spyglass, just save the gif :D

inspect element > resources > images > the image starts with image:data > open link in new tab > save the gif file ^^

So much for secrets :D

The only advantage of this is the "self destruct" option is it remove it from the server side (assumed), but it doesn't get rid of the cached image on the client side :).

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]kaieNSA[/nom]"Deleted from the server in a way that can't be recovered"But not, of course, before the NSA grabs a permanent copy.[/citation]

Paranoid much?

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]ignorants such as yourself ( aka - the general corporate media consuming population) enable the abuses of govt through your own ignorance.here is a chance for you to learn something though... your lucky day http://www.democracynow.org/topics/wiretapping[/citation]

And you are one of THOSE people who watched MIB and thought it was a documentary!

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Anyone who is going to use this isn't going to be some top secret spy or anyone with any valuable information. It's just going to be average to lower tech users who have fun with friends.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]chewy1963[/nom]And you are one of THOSE people who watched MIB and thought it was a documentary![/citation]
you are a total uninformed fool
look at that link before you open your mouth next time,...
i can see at arguing with you will be like arguing with a mindless creationist though

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
This is a website of computer geeks their idea of "you can't save it" is complete and utter garbage to us. I bet the vast majority of us knew of at least of a single way to bypass it before we were done reading the article. This almost looks like a lame facebook app, send "secret" messages on facebook.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]chewy1963[/nom]Paranoid much?[/citation]
Actually, he isn't too not paranoid enough!
You're a fool if you think that various 3-letter agencies from various countries don't have the ability to capture and store pretty much any form of electronic communication for further 'evaluation'.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Actually, he isn't too not paranoid enough!You're a fool if you think that various 3-letter agencies from various countries don't have the ability to capture and store pretty much any form of electronic communication for further 'evaluation'.[/citation]

Yes yes and I'm also sure that the moon landings were staged, 9/11 was a government operation, Bigfoot is real, and there are alien bodies and technology in Area 51!

NOT

While I'm sure the '3-letter agencies' have the ability to monitor and collect emails for people that are under investigation, the idea that they suck up all the email and store it away for future use is BS. So is the idea that they can listen to conversations through cell phones that are off. Again, I'm sure they have the ability to intercept and record (wireless tap) individual phone calls, they don't just sit back and record everyone's conversations for future use.

That is just paranoia.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Actually, he isn't too not paranoid enough!You're a fool if you think that various 3-letter agencies from various countries don't have the ability to capture and store pretty much any form of electronic communication for further 'evaluation'.[/citation]
Your a fool to think various three letter agencies have the manpower, computing power, or storage required to capture and store everything that travels on the internet.

Don't take my word for it though, take KimDotCom / megaupload for example. If the government had the means to backup/store everything, then why do they need all of megauploads hard drives and servers? Because its not cost effective for them to make up a backup of everything everywhere.

That being said, if you are an evil genius planing on taking over the world, would you post your terrorist plans on twitter/facebook, send them to a buddy via email or instant message? Yeah I didn't think so.

P.S. Put your tinfoil hat back on, we can hear you thinking about wanking to Emma Watson photos and its disturbing.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Your a fool to think various three letter agencies have the manpower, computing power, or storage required to capture and store everything that travels on the internet.Don't take my word for it though, take KimDotCom / megaupload for example. If the government had the means to backup/store everything, then why do they need all of megauploads hard drives and servers? Because its not cost effective for them to make up a backup of everything everywhere.That being said, if you are an evil genius planing on taking over the world, would you post your terrorist plans on twitter/facebook, send them to a buddy via email or instant message? Yeah I didn't think so.P.S. Put your tinfoil hat back on, we can hear you thinking about wanking to Emma Watson photos and its disturbing.[/citation]

No, everyone knows terrorists hide messages and plans to their evil deeds in liquid containers which hold more than 3oz. That is why the righteous TSA is here to save us and stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.