Buying a basic laptop

Mowan40

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
Hi all,

Long story short I want to buy a laptop I can take away when I go camping.

The main use of the laptop will be to watch the occasional movie and transfer files from the GoPro to an external hard drive, that's basically it.

No games, no internet connection unless I use it at home on the couch which will be rare.

It needs to be well built that can be knocked around every now and then as we do a lot of 4wding when we are away as well and a decent screen, at least 15".

Price range around $650 Australian.

Thanks!

Solution
If you want a sturdy system get a Lenovo T series or one of the rugged systems. For what you do with it specs don't matter much but your price will easily get you a 2 year old Lenovo T model or a rugged system. Toshiba Toughbook is probably the most well-known rugged laptop, a few year old one should be in the $500 range.
If you want a sturdy system get a Lenovo T series or one of the rugged systems. For what you do with it specs don't matter much but your price will easily get you a 2 year old Lenovo T model or a rugged system. Toshiba Toughbook is probably the most well-known rugged laptop, a few year old one should be in the $500 range.

Solution