Buying a gaming laptop for a friend

Nameless_one

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
I have a budget of about 800 dollars (give or take) not including shipping and Tax, for a laptop for my friend. Its a birthday gift to him since his old laptop can barely run team fortress 2.

I was wondering if this laptop is a good buy at the price, I've checked the specs and it seems good, but I wanna know if there are possibly any better alternatives out there or if this is a good buy: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-X550JK-DH71-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Dark/dp/B00NGK7GHG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thank you for your time.

Note: he doesn't care about maxing games out, he's fine with them just getting a playable framerate (he's ok if they only get 30 fps)

Solution
An 850M is pretty decent. There are a few other laptops in that price range with worse GPUs, so that's probably the best you'll get in terms of performance/$. $799 is pretty good for that laptop and graphics card.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
An 850M is pretty decent. There are a few other laptops in that price range with worse GPUs, so that's probably the best you'll get in terms of performance/$. $799 is pretty good for that laptop and graphics card.

Solution