Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Guys I am going to buy dell inpiron 3542 with the following specifications:

Intel i7 4510u chipset
8gb DDR3 RAM
2gb nvidia 840m graphics card
1tb HDD

I have a few questions I would want answers for,these are:

1. What games can I expect this machine to run? (Will it run GTA V,NFS Rivals,BF4 etc)

2.Will Logitech f310 be a good choice for a gamepad?

3.Since I'm buying it with DOS,what would be the best windows for gaming purpose?

I'll be using this machine mainly for gaming,please help.

Solution
This laptop is nice, I hope it's not too expensive cause the hardware isn't high-end.

And now for the questions:

1) GT840M is a low-mid range GPU. you can expect to run most games on medium settings.
2) F310 is a pretty cool joystick, by brother has one for playing FIFA 15, it should be okay for you.
3) If I were you I would choose Windows 8.1. latest DirectX support and a great OS.

But overall, this is not a good laptop for gaming. you are likely to get heat issues after long periods of gaming. and the CPU isn't made for gaming.

Vympel

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
This laptop is nice, I hope it's not too expensive cause the hardware isn't high-end.

And now for the questions:

1) GT840M is a low-mid range GPU. you can expect to run most games on medium settings.
2) F310 is a pretty cool joystick, by brother has one for playing FIFA 15, it should be okay for you.
3) If I were you I would choose Windows 8.1. latest DirectX support and a great OS.

But overall, this is not a good laptop for gaming. you are likely to get heat issues after long periods of gaming. and the CPU isn't made for gaming.

Solution