Buzzing Denon AVR-S700W

breia000

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
There is a constant buzz coming from the receiver (not speakers). No difference when source/mode is changed. Tried several grounded AC outlets. Unplugged the connected Apple TV and Speakers. Only stops when I cut power. Appreciate any help!

Solution
If the noise is coming from the receiver I would guess from your description that the noise is coming from the power transformer. With the unit unplugged from AC you can remove the cover and then plug it back in. The transformer will likely be the largest single object in the receiver.
I would contact Denon about it. If it's not loud it could be normal but it could be a safety issue if it's abnormally loud..
If the noise is coming from the receiver I would guess from your description that the noise is coming from the power transformer. With the unit unplugged from AC you can remove the cover and then plug it back in. The transformer will likely be the largest single object in the receiver.
I would contact Denon about it. If it's not loud it could be normal but it could be a safety issue if it's abnormally loud..

Solution