CADD saving issue

TazMikeM

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
I am working in AutoCAD Architecture 2014 and every time I try to save a certain .dwg drawing, I get an AutoCAD Message box telling me that I am "Unable to save to drawing.dwg. On the next line it says Drawings saved tosavEEBOtmp. The other issue have is the drawing keeps getting deleted from the folder when I close the box. The only way I can save the drawing is to do a save as. Does any one know why this keeps happening?

Thanjs

bambiboom

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
TazMikeM,

That is an odd one. I'm not at all an expert in Architecture in any way (it's too similar to ArchiCAD to make using both logical), and don't feel I know enough about the individual circumstances, but I looked around for likely problems /conflicts in Architecture 2013.

There must be something special about that one DWG and my thinking is that it may have some conflict with an external reference / block. You might try setting up a new drawing with a template and importing the file to the new drawing and save as, but with a name that you know is unique. Another possibility is to save as DXF and then import to a new drawing that is then saved as DWG, again making certain the name is one you didn't use before.

Sorry, I just don't know Architecture well enough to work out the problem. that may be one for the specialized forums.

Cheers,

BambiBoom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Apps General Discussion 1
W Apps General Discussion 1
K Apps General Discussion 2
J Apps General Discussion 2
henrytcasey Apps General Discussion 8
S Apps General Discussion 3
M Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 4
TeaSponge Apps General Discussion 1