manolaren

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Hi. The Call Log, if the contact is on my contact list, displays the Contact Name and below the Country/City instead of the Phone Number that was used to call me or the one i called. If the contact is not in my Contact List, it displays the Contact Number and below the Country/City.
Is there any way to change the setting in the first situation to display the Contact Name and below the Phone Number used? I prefer a solution without the use of a third party app. Phone is Huawei Honor 6x on android 7 / Emui 5.0.1 and the build is BLN-L21C432B365.
Thank you.

Solution
Just received an answer from Huawei. They said it works as intended and sadly there is no option to change it. At least i hope they will add an option to choose to display phone number or location, in their next Emui upgrade which i hope will come until the end of the year alongside Android 8.0
I also hope for some Huawei employ watching this :)
The only thing I could think of, that 'might' work, as I have not tried using it that way, would be when you create the contact (or possibly after created you could edit it) and put the phone number in the 'organization' field. It should then show under the name. I can't say if the phone will show all the lines, however, when the call comes through. I haven't tested it on that particular phone.

Also, you could try adding the number to the name field, after the name, which would then show when the call comes in.

However, to be honest, other than wanting to see the number just 'because' I can't see a need for it, if you know who is calling. If said person has multiple numbers, and you are wanting to know which they are calling from, then you could just add them as multiple contacts, one for each number, with something after the name like 'home' or 'work' or something else of that nature.

manolaren

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Thanks for your interest. Obviously my main problem are the multi-phone contacts which is very annoying when you cant see the phone they used to contact you. Its also annoying when you want to call them back and you don't know which phone will be dialed when you press the contact in call log.
Of course i could split each contact to as many phones they have, but its not something i want to do.

manolaren

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Just received an answer from Huawei. They said it works as intended and sadly there is no option to change it. At least i hope they will add an option to choose to display phone number or location, in their next Emui upgrade which i hope will come until the end of the year alongside Android 8.0
I also hope for some Huawei employ watching this :)

Solution