Camcorder to Stream Live (HDMI Output 30FPS)

denningt

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
I've had some issues finding a camera that will work. I'm using a blackmagic intensity shuttle capture device to get and HDMI feed into a mac, then broadcast. I tried using a Canon HF R52, but the output is locked to 60 hertz (60FPS), and the shuttle is only capable of 30 or less. Any suggestions? It's tough, as HDMI output typically isn't listed, as far as i can see. Thanks!

denningt

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

Thanks, and please excuse my ignorance, or feel free to educate me! I thought there were two basic premises, you can record at 30 FPS or 60, or somewhere in between, but HDMI will output at a certain rate? That was the problem with my last Canon. I could set the recording to be any number, 29, 30, 60, etc, but it would only output through HDMI at 60FPS, which the intensity shuttle can't handle. Not sure how to find out what the output is, the blackmagic tech had me attach it to a TV and look at the info...camera was set to record at 30FPS, but the HDMI output was at 60Hertz.

I'll have to dig a little deeper into this issue. I'll let you know what I find.
Is this what yours looks like?
686585.jpg

If yes, have you tried the component or composite inputs? STV-250N Mini Plug to RCA (optional cable not included with the camera) would allow you to use the RCA (composite) jacks. I'm not saying this is the only or best way but an alternative to using HDMI.

denningt

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

HI,

yes, that is what our looks like! We have not tried any of the other inputs yet, we're still trying to get HDMI to work. We did finally make some progress, though with an older camera owned by one of the guys on our team. I guess we can just try to find this exact camera? We just can't find any cameras we can change the HDMI output on, or outputs at lower than 60p over HDMI.