Camera like Vixia Mini X

Witzenman93

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I'm looking for a small camcorder like Vixia Mini X. It was perfect for the application - classroom discrete recording. But unfortunately it was discontinued. I am looking for a camcorder, or phone add on camcorder, that lies flat on the desk with the camera in the front like the Mini X. Adjustable stand and touch screen like the Mini X are a huge plus.

Solution

I've only ever seen GoPro used, not used them. But the video quality seems decent. Some of them at least have a zoom function as I have seen it demonstrated.

If you really want a Vixia Mini X, they still exist even though they stopped making them. They are however selling for close to 3x their original MSRP. While some of the GoPros are heavily discounted.

Witzenman93

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I have looked at the GoPro and I like them but Vixia just seemed a bit less attention grabbing in class. Does the GoPro have a zoom feature and how is video quality for capturing something like notes on a whiteboard in a class from a student's desk?

bjornl

Estimable

I've only ever seen GoPro used, not used them. But the video quality seems decent. Some of them at least have a zoom function as I have seen it demonstrated.

If you really want a Vixia Mini X, they still exist even though they stopped making them. They are however selling for close to 3x their original MSRP. While some of the GoPros are heavily discounted.

Solution