Solved! Can a bluetooth receiver drive low-impedance headphones (Superlux 668b)

UmarG

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
Hi!

I'm looking to get (very) budget semi-open headphones. I've heard a lot of good things about the Superlux 668b and plan on getting that.

However, one of the things I want to do is also make them wireless. To do so, I plan to use this MPow bluetooth receiver

What I'd like to know, however, is whether this bluetooth receiver can drive those headphones?
In case it helps, the Superlux is apparently a low-impedance headphone (coming in at 56 Ohms).

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The BT receiver will drive them but the question is will it be loud enough. They show buds connected. There is no way to tell except to try it.
If your source already has a BT transmitter then you only need a receiver to get the signal to the headphones.

UmarG

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for the answers guys!

you need a transmitter for the headphones
@hang-the-9 , my source already has a BT transmitter, so all I need is the receiver.

The BT receiver will drive them but the question is will it be loud enough
@americanaudiophile I'm not really looking to have them really loud (my PC's volume is almost always at ~40%). Half my goal with semi-open headphones is to be able to easily hear the outside world when I have my ears plugged, so to speak. Going by what you said, this should be possible.

I've used the MPow receiver with in-ear buds and they get satisfyingly loud (possibly louder than when connected to my phone/PC directly).

Guess I'll have to test them to really find out. Thanks again!