Can a Trojan within an unopened zip file be harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CxRizzle

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Earlier I downloaded a game trainer and before I opened it, I scanned it with my Bitdefender security. Bitdefender detected a Trojan called Trojan.Generic.(bunch of random numbers). Anyway, I of course cleaned the Trojan, then used the file shredder option within Bitdefender to destroy the folder. Since I took care of the problem fairly quickly, do you think it still posses any threat to my computer? I never opened the zip file other than having it scanned.

Then again, Bitdefender may just detect game trainers as a form of Trojan..

Solution
Trojans are always safe unless you open it. If you got infected then it was not a trojan in there.

By the way I have used game trainers in the past around the time I used Bitdefender and when I got legit ones Bitdefender never marked them as anything. If somebody tells you "Bitdefender is flagging it because how it is setup and works" that is a lie. There are some antiviruses that will flag good trainers as bad but Bitdefender is not one of them.

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Trojans are always safe unless you open it. If you got infected then it was not a trojan in there.

By the way I have used game trainers in the past around the time I used Bitdefender and when I got legit ones Bitdefender never marked them as anything. If somebody tells you "Bitdefender is flagging it because how it is setup and works" that is a lie. There are some antiviruses that will flag good trainers as bad but Bitdefender is not one of them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.