Solved! Can Acer Notebooks Easily be Damaged or Short Term Use

freddy09

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Dear Friends,

I'm thinking to buy Acer Aspire 4740G because it has a lot of nice Features and including even the Finger Print Security System.

The Cost is also low and it's only : USD 750.00 Around. Good For Gaming As well with It's Nvidia Graphic Card.

But I'm Wondering that Acer Laptops Hardware are easily be Damaged or Malfunction after 1 year ???

Considering Especially in Low Cost with a lot of Nice Functions and High Tech as well ! Because that sounds too good to be true for Long Term use. Am I right ?

What Models of Acer Notebooks are good for Long Term Use Anyway ? Long Term use like : 3 Years at least !

I'm also thinking HP DV Series as Alternative to buy and I think that HP Laptops are good For Long Term use ! But Don't have Many good Features like Acer Does ! Also Not so good for Gaming.

I can also Consider in Dell Series as well for alternative than Acer.

Awaiting for your kind Suggestions on the Long Term Use Brand also with Nice Useful Features Which Enable me for Good Gaming with Draft-N Wifi and must have the Webcam.

Thanks
Freddy

Solution
Stay away from Acer if you can. My Acer didn't even last me 2 months before I had to send it in for repairs (and I use it just as any normal user would). I am currently typing this reply on a loaner laptop as my Acer ASPIRE is in the shop. Though Acer is one of the cheapest on the market there is a reason. The parts (says many consultants I talked to about my broken laptop) are compiled together more cheaply than most other laptops, and, though it probably doesn't matter much, the support line for the Acer company - in my recent interactions - have been some of the rudest people I have ever come across on the phone. If you are going for an Acer just be weary. Try searching online for people who have had problems with Acer computers...
G

Acer is getting a bad rep for (at the least) mechanical failures like DC power connector failing or (as I have witnessed) the shiny metallic finish of the case rubbing away to reveal black plastic below within a few months' use.

I suspect if you can live with it looking tacky and be careful with plugging it in you may get more bang for the buck with Acer.

But accounts of poor after sales support are not reassuring.

freddy09

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Acer is getting a bad rep for (at the least) mechanical failures like CD power connector failing or (as I have witnessed) the shiny metallic finish of the case rubbing away to reveal black plastic below within a few months' use.

I suspect if you can live with it looking tacky and be careful with plugging it in you may get more bang for the buck with Acer.

But accounts of poor after sales support are not reassuring.

Thanks My Friend for your helpful Advice.
Freddy

Low Cost Pc2phone Service
http://118.global-phone-services.com

rach2344

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Stay away from Acer if you can. My Acer didn't even last me 2 months before I had to send it in for repairs (and I use it just as any normal user would). I am currently typing this reply on a loaner laptop as my Acer ASPIRE is in the shop. Though Acer is one of the cheapest on the market there is a reason. The parts (says many consultants I talked to about my broken laptop) are compiled together more cheaply than most other laptops, and, though it probably doesn't matter much, the support line for the Acer company - in my recent interactions - have been some of the rudest people I have ever come across on the phone. If you are going for an Acer just be weary. Try searching online for people who have had problems with Acer computers - there are way more than you would think. Though I have only had my Acer for just under two months I cannot wait for it to break completely or become obsolete so I can go buy a new one that is actually reliable in the long run.

Solution

anwarali

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Dear Friend

I have Acer 5735, working nice, but Battery gives problem in a very short time, ( 6 months). You may need to replace batteries frequently. Moreover, battery is not easily available with PC Dealers.
I am still searching for the battery from last 2 months.

Regards & thanks

shaikh Anwar Ali