Solved! Can any member here recoommend a forum for older laptops?

jackdashack

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013
The subject is pretty much the question. I have a Toshiba Satellite from around 2005. While I have Win 10 devices I have kept the old Laptop going. They were substantially built. I decided to try Ubuntu on it. Installed it and after a bit it seemed to me to be getting slower. So I put the Toshiba recovery disk back in and it went to the process I am familiar with. At then end it said Remove all CD's and etc. I did, it then self booted. Got to the Toshiba logo with some icons in the startup, flashes for a split second, and then black a split second and then the logo again and this never stops. So apologies if I wasted your time. Does anyone know of an older laptop discussion area?

Many thanks! jack ":-}

Solution
I recommend Tom's Hardware which is the sister forum to this one.

I'm writing this on a Asus EeePC which I've had it for fifteen years and it used to run on XP but now has Linux Mint 19 and works perfectly every morning.

Try another shot at installing a Linux system; it may have been a one-off glitch .
I recommend Tom's Hardware which is the sister forum to this one.

I'm writing this on a Asus EeePC which I've had it for fifteen years and it used to run on XP but now has Linux Mint 19 and works perfectly every morning.

Try another shot at installing a Linux system; it may have been a one-off glitch .

Solution