can i create a macro which will automatically create a playlist from a directory, so that new files added to the directory aut

Status
Not open for further replies.

nascarfan12

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
I save all of my music files to a directory on my F: drive. To start VLC, I currently open the program (M1 on my Razer keyboard), manually select the directory, and VLC plays all the files in the location (f>program files>mymusic). Is there a way to program my keyboard to automatically make all the files in >mymusic, including files I've added since I last opened VLC part of a playlist?

Solution

Hi. Did a bit of research; what I'd like to do is called a 'dynamic play list', where VLC...
Not following your requirement:

If VLC is already playing all the files in >mymusic (including those added since the last opening of VLC) I am not sure about the role of a playlist.

But to explore this further, create a short VLC playlist and take a look at it via Notepad or some text editor to see the formatting and structure.

If you can manually edit the playlist in some manner, then you can probably create a macro that will add files to to the playlist.

And there are programs such as MoveMouse (free) that can record and play back mouse moves etc.. If the process is consistent enough you may be able to take advantage there.

nascarfan12

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016

Hi. Did a bit of research; what I'd like to do is called a 'dynamic play list', where VLC automatically adds new files to my playlist as the files are created. I even found a youtube tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kim5QM0nKfQ

I tried this just now, but I'm tired, and didn't do something right. Will try again tomorrow

Thanks for your help

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.