Solved! How to create a backup folder that all can add but only one can view files

Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone. Not exactly a laptop issue but maybe you guys can help. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such question:

I need to create a folder so everyone can backup their e-mails (currently it only works manually so every PC has it's own backup file) to the same folder, but only one person (admin) can actually open those files, for privacy and security issues. How would I set up a folder like that using Windows?

Example: A, B and C would save their backups to FOLDER, but only A would be able to actually open the backed up files in FOLDER. B and C could still put new files there, but wouldn't be able to open them (check each other's e-mails), because only A has permission to do so.

Thanks in advance!

What you just said was repeating the same thing. You said that now all can back up their files, but only the Admin can open them. Then you said you want all to be able to back up their files, but only one open them. Same thing.

Perhaps you are not explaining it correctly, or is it that you want someone other than the admin to be able to open it?

Jul 8, 2019
What you just said was repeating the same thing. You said that now all can back up their files, but only the Admin can open them. Then you said you want all to be able to back up their files, but only one open them. Same thing.

Perhaps you are not explaining it correctly, or is it that you want someone other than the admin to be able to open it?
I'm sorry for the confusion. What I meant is that I need a folder for everyone to put files into, but only have the admin to be able to open them (to preserve everyone's privacy).