Can I have HDMI and PC earbud jack work at the same time?

EagleBrewubg

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
HDMI works fine. However I am hearing impaired and need to use the earbuds plugged into the PC at the same time as HDMI. The TV would have to be too loud for me to hear it. My wife would complain! Is there a way to have both?
Thanks

Solution
Depending on which one you have will depend on the name, In either the Realtek or VIA audio control panel, icon should be in your tool tray, is a check box to allow the speakers to play while headphones are plugged in. May be labeled as "Automatically mute speakers" or something else along those lines but this is where your setting will be. IF you are able to run both HDMI sound and have headphones at the same time this is what you need to change.

EagleBrewubg

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
Sorry about no specs.
I have an HP dvt7-2000 CTO.
I would assume the sound card is the one on the motherboard.
When I do the sound (right click on task bar speaker) I see IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
I don't know what else to tell you at this point.
Bob

bgunner

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Depending on which one you have will depend on the name, In either the Realtek or VIA audio control panel, icon should be in your tool tray, is a check box to allow the speakers to play while headphones are plugged in. May be labeled as "Automatically mute speakers" or something else along those lines but this is where your setting will be. IF you are able to run both HDMI sound and have headphones at the same time this is what you need to change.

Solution