Can I install AMD OMEGA on Hp Probook 4540s with AMD 7650m?

Amit D

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Does the new OMEGA driver support OEM built Amd Mobility Radeon HD 7650m? It has problem switching in current driver.

Solution
Here is the link for all the previous AMD GPU drivers. During the install you can choose to NOT install the optional components and install only the required drivers. You need to choose the "Custom" option during the install process and then uncheck everything except the drivers. You can also try this with the Omega package but I think maybe the 14.4 CCC package would be best for your hardware. Perhaps even older.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Amit D

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
@darkbreeze Thanks!! Well, I tried updating the driver and guess what happened!! The whole laptop screwed up. Now, I've re installed the windows and back to the old OEM driver from 2012. :( I dont know what happened. I completely removed the old driver first and then installed the new one. But after installation completed an error message appeared saying that CCC could not be started. Then I tried to uninstall it to get back to the older one but then blue screen appeared :\ . Then after a system restore I found both my GPU being shown as VGA adapters and could not re-install the drivers. A clean set up then. :( Did I do anything wrong here?

Amit D

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

@darkbreeze Thanks!! Well, I tried updating the driver and guess what happened!! The whole laptop screwed up. Now, I've re installed the windows and back to the old OEM driver from 2012. :( I dont know what happened. I completely removed the old driver first and then installed the new one. But after installation completed an error message appeared saying that CCC could not be started. Then I tried to uninstall it to get back to the older one but then blue screen appeared :\ . Then after a system restore I found both my GPU being shown as VGA adapters and could not re-install the drivers. A clean set up then. :( Did I do anything wrong here? My windows is 64 bit Professional win 7

Probably not. Unfortunately even when AMD or NVidia say a specific GPU is supported, there can sometimes be issues depending on the manufacturer of the card or even an entire series in some cases. Sorry to hear that happened. It's possible there could even be a hardware issue since you were having troubles from the start.

Perhaps using only the driver and not the entire CCC package might work for you.

Amit D

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

@darkbreeze sorry!! for late reply. I had confusions so I posted here for some heads up but I tried anyway. Of course I downloaded the 64-bit versions from AMD but after installing noticed it was for 8.1 :pfff: . I removed it and installed the right one but the result was same. May be it needed a clean install and I'll try later if I find something. And the thing u told, how can I install the driver without CCC?

Here is the link for all the previous AMD GPU drivers. During the install you can choose to NOT install the optional components and install only the required drivers. You need to choose the "Custom" option during the install process and then uncheck everything except the drivers. You can also try this with the Omega package but I think maybe the 14.4 CCC package would be best for your hardware. Perhaps even older.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Solution

Amit D

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

@darkbreeze Thanks a lot man!!! I'll try.