Can i leave my laptop plugged in while gaming?

dustyfast

Estimable
Jan 16, 2015
Hello i have a hp pavillion AU111tx laptop with a Li-ion battery.
Can i leave it plugged in while gaming?
I almost use this laptop for gaming for like 12 to 15 hours.
Also can it be overcharged?Can it explode?

Lutfij

Splendid
1| It can't be overcharged since the circuitry within your laptop will automatically stop charging the battery when it reaches 100%.
2| It will only explode when subjected to manhandling or if you decided to open the battery for no apparent reason.
3| You may want to keep an eye on the temperatures for your laptop since high temps can degrade your hardware's longevity+the cooler will clog up with dust/debris.
4| Ideally, you should discharge the laptop's battery once it's fully charged to 10%(by using it off the battery and not connecting to the wall socket). That should ensure that your battery is optimally performing. Once drained to 10%, charge back up to 100%, using the laptop for gaming during charging isn't going to be an issue.

Lutfij

Splendid
1| It can't be overcharged since the circuitry within your laptop will automatically stop charging the battery when it reaches 100%.
2| It will only explode when subjected to manhandling or if you decided to open the battery for no apparent reason.
3| You may want to keep an eye on the temperatures for your laptop since high temps can degrade your hardware's longevity+the cooler will clog up with dust/debris.
4| Ideally, you should discharge the laptop's battery once it's fully charged to 10%(by using it off the battery and not connecting to the wall socket). That should ensure that your battery is optimally performing. Once drained to 10%, charge back up to 100%, using the laptop for gaming during charging isn't going to be an issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zkneedhelp Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 9
Gamesquid17 Laptop Tech Support 18
C Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 11
O Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
2 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1