Can I livestream to YouTube from this camcorder?

osehun2

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hello,
I currently have a Canon Legria HF R506 and, after doing research, have found out that this camcorder does not have a we camera function. However, I would really like to use this camcorder to livestream on YouTube.

Would I need a capture card or a HDMI to USB conversion adapter (so i connect a HDMI to the output of my camcorder and convert the other end to USB, plug it into my computer and use it as a USB camera)? Because I'm confused as to what the differences are between the two.

Many thanks!

Solution
What your talking about with an HDMI to USB adapter, if one existed, would not work. You would need a video capture device as you mentioned. You might be able to use the optional STV-250N Stero Video Cable and connect it to a video capture device but I don't think the quality will be near as good as using the HDMI cable. However using the optional cable and a compatible capture device would be less expensive than the HDMI option.

Analog capture devices (not an all inclusive list):
Elgato Systems USB Analog Video Capture Device
Diamond VC500 One Touch USB Video & Audio Capture for Windows
Hauppauge USB-Live2 Analog Video Digitizer
Tera Grand EasyCAP Composite / S-Video and Audio USB Capture Device

HD Video capture devices (not a...
What your talking about with an HDMI to USB adapter, if one existed, would not work. You would need a video capture device as you mentioned. You might be able to use the optional STV-250N Stero Video Cable and connect it to a video capture device but I don't think the quality will be near as good as using the HDMI cable. However using the optional cable and a compatible capture device would be less expensive than the HDMI option.

Analog capture devices (not an all inclusive list):
Elgato Systems USB Analog Video Capture Device
Diamond VC500 One Touch USB Video & Audio Capture for Windows
Hauppauge USB-Live2 Analog Video Digitizer
Tera Grand EasyCAP Composite / S-Video and Audio USB Capture Device

HD Video capture devices (not a comprehensive list):
Hauppauge Colossus Video Recorder
Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder Capture Device (uses Thunderbolt cable to connect to computer)
Blackmagic Intensity Extreme

Solution

Chris679

Estimable
May 20, 2014
Your will need two things, a HDMI to RCA encoder and a EasyCap(google search it)...connect your camera's hdmi connection to the endcoder and from the encoder you connect the EasyCap which is connected to your PC as a USB 2.0 device (you need to make sure you install the correct driver for EasyCap on your computer...