Solved! Can I remove Office 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB1234CD

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Screenshot-371.png

Will deleting Office 365 delete my Office? If I open Word or any other app, and click Account, it shows Office 2019, not 365.

Solution
Did one or the other (i.e., Office 2019 or Office 365) come with your system and then you installed the other application?

And you wish to uninstall Office 365 - correct?

You should be fine doing so but take precautions just to be safe.

Check your file type associations: If possible determine which one (Office 2019 or Office 365 is the default application for .docx, .xlsx, etc..

If Office 2019 is opening those file types then Office 2019 is the default application.

In any case do backup all data and verify that the backups are indeed accessible and readable.

The uninstall process can be iffy and may go maverick on its' own merits.

Be ready to reinstall Office 2019 if that becomes necessary.
Did one or the other (i.e., Office 2019 or Office 365) come with your system and then you installed the other application?

And you wish to uninstall Office 365 - correct?

You should be fine doing so but take precautions just to be safe.

Check your file type associations: If possible determine which one (Office 2019 or Office 365 is the default application for .docx, .xlsx, etc..

If Office 2019 is opening those file types then Office 2019 is the default application.

In any case do backup all data and verify that the backups are indeed accessible and readable.

The uninstall process can be iffy and may go maverick on its' own merits.

Be ready to reinstall Office 2019 if that becomes necessary.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.