Solved! Can I reuse these satellite speakers as computer speakers?

Jul 10, 2021
I have the Logitech Z533 speakers and subwoofer set, however my subwoofer has yet again died (second time in 3 years, wouldn't recommend). The speakers are fine, however they do connect to the sub which I believe has a small amp within that drives them. I'm pretty sure they're 15w per speaker, so the internal amp can't be huge.

Is there any way I can reuse these speakers? I know they're still in great shape so it'd be a shame to waste them. Each speaker has its own 'L' and 'R' cables which would normally connect to the corresponding 'L' and 'R' sockets on the sub. My MSI Gaming Pro Carbon mobo only seems to have Line-in, Line-out, RS-out and CS-out jacks though, so I can't really figure out how to connect the speakers to it. Maybe I connect the speakers cables to a splitter and connect that to Line-in? I have no idea...

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work? Assuming that my mobo is even able to power the speakers....

Solution
I have the Logitech Z533 speakers and subwoofer set, however my subwoofer has yet again died (second time in 3 years, wouldn't recommend). The speakers are fine, however they do connect to the sub which I believe has a small amp within that drives them. I'm pretty sure they're 15w per speaker, so the internal amp can't be huge.

Is there any way I can reuse these speakers? I know they're still in great shape so it'd be a shame to waste them. Each speaker has its own 'L' and 'R' cables which would normally connect to the corresponding 'L' and 'R' sockets on the sub. My MSI Gaming Pro Carbon mobo only seems to have Line-in, Line-out, RS-out and CS-out jacks though, so I can't really figure out how to connect the speakers to it. Maybe...

Is there any way I can reuse these speakers? I know they're still in great shape so it'd be a shame to waste them. Each speaker has its own 'L' and 'R' cables which would normally connect to the corresponding 'L' and 'R' sockets on the sub. My MSI Gaming Pro Carbon mobo only seems to have Line-in, Line-out, RS-out and CS-out jacks though, so I can't really figure out how to connect the speakers to it. Maybe I connect the speakers cables to a splitter and connect that to Line-in? I have no idea...

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work? Assuming that my mobo is even able to power the speakers....

You will need am amp for the speakers. Motherboard audio out will drive headphones but not speakers.

Solution