Can I safely install AMD updates to my laptop?

Don_30

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Installation of the only AMD software update I remember doing, forced me to do a full system restore.
Ever since then, I have been declining every AMD software-update announcement because I'm pretty-sure that, that automatically would just happen again.
How can I determine why this happened, and whether I can ever safely install AMD software updates?
I have an hp 355 G2 laptop running Windows 10 64-bit Professional.
Thank You.

Subscribe to the school of making OS Image Backups. Your OS+Programs should be on C: and data somewhere else. Image Backup your C: using any available tool, I personally use Macrium (free), tip: use highest compression. to another partition or to an external drive, LAN drive etc.

Do your update.

If any problems, just restore your image, takes 15 minutes. This is an UNDO action guaranteed to take you BACK to when you imaged it, in 15m.

Don_30

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

Don_30

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
I have had only moderate success in discovering how to back-up data or anything else, and most efforts usually cause more harm than good, leaving me to rely more on hope that the backup would not have proven-necessary than in trying to improve my skill at doing it.
The other response I have to your reply, is about your recommendation of compression of what I back up. I already failed at restoring files that were already compressed (into 7-zip) when I did the system-restore.
Yeah, obviously, if I would have had these abilities, I wouldn't have lost months-worth of data doing my full system-restore, or been afraid to update that particular software.
I've learned the hard way in other skills that sometimes a painful intervention and extensive-unlearning ultimately become the only course, once somebody mis-learned something badly enough, in my case this time, using a computer without knowing how to keep the data safe.