Can I share my Roku with my neighbor which is less than 200 feet away?

PleasantNurseIAm

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
If you live less than 200 feet away from your neighbor is there anyway to share my Roku with him? My neighbor is in hospice and I know this can help ease his suffering. Money is a deep concern for the both of us. Could you tell me how my brother and I could do that. My brother is somewhat knowledgable

Solution
It is possible to split the output of your Roku and run a long cable to his TV but he would have to watch the same thing as you. A wireless av transmitter would cost more and he still would have no control over your Roku. I would suggest getting him his own Roku makes more sense and is probably not more money if he has wifi available.
It is possible to split the output of your Roku and run a long cable to his TV but he would have to watch the same thing as you. A wireless av transmitter would cost more and he still would have no control over your Roku. I would suggest getting him his own Roku makes more sense and is probably not more money if he has wifi available.

Solution

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you can share it in the sense that you can walk it over to his house and let him use it anytime you want. i take mine with me all over the place. once all the accounts are set-up, so long as it has a wifi connection then you can access all the stuff you pay for.

for both of you to use it at the same time, you will each want your own roku device. the good news is that you can use the same accounts for netflix, amazon and other services by sharing passwords. so he could have his own roku but use your netflix and other accounts as well. netflix adds a buck a month to allow multiple devices but it is a cheap price to pay for 2 people to use the account at the same time.

this is what i would do myself is share passwords but each have your own roku device. the hdmi stick is only $40 on sale and can even be cheaper if you get a refurbished one online.