Can I upgrade android 2.3.6 to 4.0

Junaid Siddique

Estimable
May 22, 2014
Hey guys I have bought a phone in 2013 'Samgsung Galaxy ACE Duos GT-S6802' it has the android version 2.3.6 i.e gingerbread, I wanna upgrade it to ICS or the latest Jelly Bean, Can anyone please help me out about how to upgrade my phone at home without lossing data, is their any software avalaible with that I can upgrade my device easily???? Please help me out.. My phone has 398MB of RAM and I don't play any games in it. I heard that people upgraded their old phone to latest OS. Please please help me out. So I came here think you will help me out. Thanks

Solution
Samsung hasn't announced any official update such as 4.0 or 4.1 for the said device.

You can try using CyanogenMod, try to google CyanogenMod.

Arunvir Uppal

Estimable
May 25, 2014
You have to flash a custom rom meaning you'll have to root and then flash a custom recovery via odin and then flash a ROM like Cyanogenmod 10 or 11. Just search the device name and there will be tons of guides over at xda

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
I hate to break the bad news, but your hardware might not be sufficient enough to run Ice Cream Sandwich, much less Jelly Bean, rooted or otherwise. My LG Mach (ICS 4.0.4) has 1 GB of RAM, which is considered to be the minimum. Also, the newer operating systems require much more internal storage (ROM) capacity than your device may have---at least 3GB are required for the operating system alone. Mine has 8GB. It is not tranferable to the micro-SD. Forget about any extra apps. Your CPU will probably get bogged down if it is not dual-core and at least 1GB. My Mach runs at 1.2 GB. Your battery life will also suffer. Until you can upgrade to a device that will run ICS natively, stick with Gingerbread. My Optimus Slider had it and it wasn't all that bad.

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014

MUHMMAD

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015

souka

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015