Question Can i use a black rca cable instead of a yellow one?

Jul 21, 2022
I want to connect my mixer to Virtual Dj on my laptop and to connect 2 dj channels i need 2 "Red and White to Yellow" rca cables. I cant find a cable like that anywhere but i did find a "Red and white to Black" cable.(ps the black cable is not a jack,its the same point as the yellow,re and white). Can i use this cable instead?

I want to connect my mixer to Virtual Dj on my laptop and to connect 2 dj channels i need 2 "Red and White to Yellow" rca cables. I cant find a cable like that anywhere but i did find a "Red and white to Black" cable.(ps the black cable is not a jack,its the same point as the yellow,re and white). Can i use this cable instead?

The colors almost never have anything to do with the actual connector type, they are just there so you don't mix up what is what when you connect things. So if you have a bunch of cable colors you can just trace the ends or the connector colors and know what is leading to what. Normally Yellow is for video, Red and White are L/R audio. For the mixer you need to find out exactly what that port is and how the cable is wired and for what. If it's a single jack to dual stereo jacks you would need to find out how it's wired.