Solved! Can I use a headphone AUX splitter to feed two audio systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateron

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
I have a satellite STB connected via HDMI to my TV. From my TV I have a sound bar from Yamaha connected via Optical Toslink. I am not really satisfied with the Yamaha sound so I am using Sennheiser headphones as well. The Sennheiser transmitter is connected to my TV via a 3.5mm AUX jack.

I do not like headphones much so I want to place a Bluetooth speaker next to my chair to be used in combination with the Yamaha sound system (Sound bar under the TV and sub woofer next to the TV, about 2.5 m from my chair).

Question:

What I want to do is use a simple Headphone Jack Splitter ( example: 3.5mm Jack Plug to 2x 3.5mm Jack Sockets Stereo Adaptor Dual Splitter - VASI4KO) to connect the Sennheiser transmitter on one port and a Bluetooth transmitter on the other port. (Example of the Bluetooth transmitter: aptX LOW LATENCY Bluetooth Audio Transmitter for TV PC (Optical Digital Audio, 3.5mm AUX, RCA, USB) 30M Long Range, Dual Link for Two Headphones.)
I know that the Bluetooth speaker also has to have aptX, for example the VAVA VOOM 20 Bluetooth Speaker with aptX CD Quality Sound )

I want to listen to the TV via speakers and my wife prefers to use her headphone.

The Sennheiser does not use Bluetooth but uses Kleer technology. A Kleer capable speaker is very expensive and there are only very few choices.

Am I on the right path or will the TV output via the AUX splitter not be enough to feed two systems?
Will the lag on the Bluetooth leg be noticeable? AptX is supposed to cancel any delay, but…??

Any suggestions or comments please.

Solution
That should work fine.
If the TV volume is set too high you will notice distortion caused by it overloading the input of the transmitter. If it's too low you may notice some background hiss.
Hopefully the delay will be too small to be noticed but you will have to judge for yourself.
That should work fine.
If the TV volume is set too high you will notice distortion caused by it overloading the input of the transmitter. If it's too low you may notice some background hiss.
Hopefully the delay will be too small to be noticed but you will have to judge for yourself.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.