Solved! Can I use Harman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2020
Dear all, I see on ebay many HK subwoofers being sold without the sticks.
I would like to add a subwoofer to my iMac. I am happy with the internal speakers of the iMac. So, please tell me, if it is possible to add a HK subwoofer?
I tried it with my HK (the complete set) and it works. But without the soundsticks (i.e. if they are not attached to the subwoofer) it does not work.
Thank you all for your advise.

Solution
You said you tried it and it did not work, so you already known.

Those 2.1 speakers are setup to take the output of the computer and then use the amp built in to send the audio to the smaller satellite speakers, not as a add-on sub to an existing speaker set.
You said you tried it and it did not work, so you already known.

Those 2.1 speakers are setup to take the output of the computer and then use the amp built in to send the audio to the smaller satellite speakers, not as a add-on sub to an existing speaker set.

Solution
Nov 30, 2020
Thanksso much for your reply. To be clear,
I was able to attach the HK set to the iMac and make it work in parallel with the internal audio. I did it by converting the audio jack to a USB connector and use the Mac OS midi app to create a multi-output sound device.
However, if I disconnect the 2 sticks, I have no bass output too. I expect if you remove the sticks at least the bass would remain.
I think this is because the volume control is with one of the stick. Without it you cannot up the volume.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.