• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Can I use my lepai audio amp for two different audio sources?

Davey Rowjis

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Hello, I recently bought my first pair of Micca bookshelf speakers, a Lepai LP 2020A+ audio amplifier, as well as a 3.5mm to RCA adapter which I was going to use to connect my amp to computer to. Question is if I can possibly connect my amp to my TV as well, 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cord. Will the speakers work for both my TV and computer? What if I have my TV and PC on at the same time, which gets priority? Will I need any extra adapters to set this up? Thanks in advance!

Davey Rowjis

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
I was going to use this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YEBK66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1) 3.5mm male to RCA for my amp to PC and then a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male aux cord for my tv to amp, but that doesn't seem to be a viable choice. Now, if I have headphones connected to my onboard audio, and my bookshelf speakers, which are connected to the amp and PC, through onboard, and TV, through aux, will I be able to switch the audio source from the bookshelf speakers to my PC headphones and have my TV use the bookshelf speakers? i hope that made sense.

So audio is playing through the bookshelf speakers from the PC, I turn my TV on and have the TV take control of the bookshelf speakers and have the PC audio be redirected to my headphones. Do I need a switch for this or anything of the likes?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheMuppetMan Audio 1
D Audio 1
C Audio 1
fiachrab Audio 1
W Audio 3
P Audio 2
R Audio 0
Sentyee Audio 0
Brysonlee Audio 0
DakiMC Audio 1
Z Audio 3