can I use my pcs Samsung Galaxy avant on Verizon?

Johnny Ranger

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
I have no service in a lot of places I go on a regular basis using metro pcs. I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy avant from pcs. Love the phone in town but need better coverage. Can I activate it on Verizon network?

dmitche3

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I don't believe that you can. I just got off of the phone with Samsung and I was told the opposite. I have this phone and I want to move it from T-Mobile to Verizon. Also, Verizon's website says that it doesn't support it. While that is not surprising as Verizon's website also says that my Iphone 6 Plus is not supported, so I won't take that for much. I'm going into Verizon tomorrow to see what's up with both of my phones and why they aren't supported as they are both GSM and share the same bands or frequencies I would like to hear it straight from Verizon of what the technical reason is that they are rejecting it. From there I'll decide on my course of action, whether they are lying (99% chance that they are) or if there really is a reason for this Galaxy phone not to work other than Verizon simply doesn't like people to buy phones elsewhere and bring them over. :(

Please if you or anyone else has success in bringing the Avant to Verizon let me know. Thank you.