Can I use my router to connect my cell phone to my old landline phones

rockinpreacher

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
I just got rid of my landline connection, but still have the phones. Can I use my no-longer-using router as the "gateway" I've been reading about to connect my cell phone to them?

inzone

Splendid
If you talkin abot the fact that the landline phones are wireless and because of that yopu want to connect your cell phone to them through the router it won't work because the sattelite phones operate on a different frequency. If they did operate on the same frequency then you would be gfetting interference on the network when they were in use , so for that reason they opperate on a different frequency.
If by some chance you could change the frequency of the sattelite phones then there might be a chance that they could connect but there's no guarantee that it's possible.

rockinpreacher

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

Thanks, I wasn't sure. Everything I've been reading points to Bluetooth tech.

inzone

Splendid
If the phones are not being used or going to ever be used then you could possably experiment with them if your into that kind of thing. I think that some research into the sattelite phones internal structure can reveal what can or cannot be done.