Can i use the AUX in my blackwidow into my soundcard without losing audio quality?

Andyyh

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
Hey

I got a pretty nice soundcard and a pair of Beyerdynamic MMX300 headphones and was wondering how the AUX on my blackwidow works. Is it just an extension that wont affect audio quality or does it affect the audio quality? I can plug it straight into my soundcard its would just be a bit more convenient to have it in my keyboard.

Solution
Not a matter of being a newbie at all. Most people hear differently (frequencies and sensitivity) and individual hearing changes over time with age and/or experiences with high noise levels. One ear may be affected differently than the other.

It is just what you like. Tinker with bass, tremble, sub-woofer, balance (L-R, F-B) settings etc. until you like the sound (and feel) of the music.

Some software includes settings that are "pre-set" for certain music genres.

An audio CD that I play in the house sounds different in my truck. So I have to make adjustments (either way) to have the music be "comfortable" to my ears.

Listen for what you like.

Audio quality - very subjective.

The only way to know is for you to try it and listen.

The audio may or may not sound better. Could even depend on the type of music you are playing.

If you are satified with the results then AUX has retained audio quality. If not satisfied with the results then AUX has lost audio quality.

For the latter case you may be able to make some audio adjustments via Playback devices that restore quality.

Your ears are the determing factor.

Not a matter of being a newbie at all. Most people hear differently (frequencies and sensitivity) and individual hearing changes over time with age and/or experiences with high noise levels. One ear may be affected differently than the other.

It is just what you like. Tinker with bass, tremble, sub-woofer, balance (L-R, F-B) settings etc. until you like the sound (and feel) of the music.

Some software includes settings that are "pre-set" for certain music genres.

An audio CD that I play in the house sounds different in my truck. So I have to make adjustments (either way) to have the music be "comfortable" to my ears.

Listen for what you like.

Solution

Andyyh

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
I understand. I guess i just have to learn more about what to listen for. Especially in the EQ, because im pretty cluelessly ramping the bars up and down to no avail. Thanks for your time and reply though :)