Solved! Can I use this TV Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2019
I've got an LG OLED 55B7P and I just bought an Atlantic 23-65" Full Motion Spring Arm TV-Mount (Walmart). I got home and my found out that the TV is VESA 300x200 compatible. This mount does not size for 300x200, but it does every other setup. could I tweak something to make it work?Is there something out there that you'd recommend for this TV. I want to buy a nice soundbar, so I really can't afford to drop $500 on the Mount.

Solution
The articulating bracket you need to mount a 55" TV that way is not going to be cheap. It needs to support the weight of the TV at full extension so you can rotate it 180 degrees towards you. A ceiling mount might work for you and be cheaper.
Jan 13, 2019

Thanks for responding to my question. Is there any type that you'd recommend? I went on Sanus' website, and they have them very pricey. Since I'm already asking, do you know if there is a way that I could post the TV on the corner, and have it where it swivels out to where I watch from...which is my bed. Or even if it could sit flush against the wall, and pull out completely at a 90 degree angle.

I agree with americanaudiophile. That kind of pull out needs to be super sturdy. Imagine you having to hold out something heavy with your arms fully extended, and mucho mulla. And if you happen find find cheap Chinese version, the constant pull-in/pull-out will wear the joins in no time, ask Dell owners and their crap articulated arms.

Hope am not being insensitive but those pulls outs, look to me much like insane asylum, cheap motels.

Status
Not open for further replies.