Can no longer move apps to sd card on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android 7.1.1)

Oct 12, 2018
I've lost the option to move apps to my sd card on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android 7.1.1). I used to go into the app manager, select the app I wanted to move, click storage, and then see an option to move it to the sd card. That option is no longer on the screen for any apps. I'm not sure what's happened. Please help!

Oct 12, 2018

Thanks for your response! This is my 6 year old's tablet and it appears that he somehow unmounted the ad card. I just re-mounted it and everything is back in working order. Thank you!!

Saga Lout

Glorious
You're welcome but surely a six year old Android would pre-date version 6.0 and can't therefore offer the option of Internal or Portable Storage.

I know wre're up to v9 now and time flies at my age but I'd like to know which version your tablet runs.

Dec 2, 2018

It's his 6 year old child's tablet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Southtxmunkey Android Tablets 3
Jon Campbell Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 4
C Android Tablets 2
darkpantherian Android Tablets 2
Sia111 Android Tablets 6
D Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 1
Drheck Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
G Android Tablets 3
L Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 1
R Android Tablets 1
N Android Tablets 7
C Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
Similar threads
Question I just bought a samsung tablet E from a pawn shop ,have the receipt and they factory reset it for me but got home it said it needs the previous email
Question How do I fix problem with initial sign-in google account an sync on Samsung Galaxy 3 tab SM-T110 (root)
Question Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 internal storage keeps filling up- no idea why- cannot keep it cleared and will not function?
Question Samsung Tablet A - Storage Full - read full issue
Question Can I override the software on a nextbook ares 10a tablet with Samsung?
Question Need Help, Android tablet stuck in loading screen
Question Rescued 6 samsung tab e tablets from recycle center
Question Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SD card issue
Question How on Samsung E Tablet change to external storage on 7.1.1
My rca tablet works with keyboard, however the keyboard no longer charges the tablet as a docking station
How do you remove Verizon from the eclipse tablet? I no longer have them!
SD c a r d no longer working
No longer under a warranty so what do I need to do?
My galaxy tab A no longer registering that it has an sd card
tablet 4 samsung tablet screen froze after it was reset the screen no longer worked
I had several games download to my sd card but once I updated then they would no longer install on sd card
Samsung galaxy tablet 8 inch will no longer connect to home wife or connects intermittently.
Auto-rotate no longer functions ...in only ONE app?
galaxy Tab 2 charger no longer available for purchase in service provider's stores like Verizon
my tablet no longer to usb mount mass storage anymore and wont allow me to select it manualy

ASK THE COMMUNITY