Can Razer kraken pro upgrade to 7.1 via razer surround?

ardanazor

Estimable
Oct 30, 2015
Hello i will buy razer kraken pro or 7.1 for CSGO.When i went to a store,i saw ''free upgrade to razer surrond pro,get 7.1 with razer headsets" at the top o fthe kraken pro's box.

Can it?

Thanks

Solution
the pro has a 3.5mm connector to connect to your pc so can take advantage of razers own virtual surround software (any headphone can use this software which they provide for free). so yes, you can get virtual surround out of the pro.

the 7.1 chroma however uses usb and has a soundcard built into the headset which uses the same virtual surround technology.

the difference is that one uses a soundcard inside the headset to process the virtual surround while the other uses your onboard soundcard and software running on your pc to do it.
the pro has a 3.5mm connector to connect to your pc so can take advantage of razers own virtual surround software (any headphone can use this software which they provide for free). so yes, you can get virtual surround out of the pro.

the 7.1 chroma however uses usb and has a soundcard built into the headset which uses the same virtual surround technology.

the difference is that one uses a soundcard inside the headset to process the virtual surround while the other uses your onboard soundcard and software running on your pc to do it.

Solution