Can this laptop run modded Skyrim?

Manfish

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014
I am trying to select a laptop at the moment, which can handle school work better than my current home laptop (which is about 6 years old). However I would also like to be able to play games on this laptop, specifically modded Skyrim.

The laptop I am currently looking at is the Lenovo Z50-70 i5 version on pc world (sorry I don't know how to hyperlink onto a forum) but it may have already been ordered for Christmas.

Anyway, could you tell me if these specs are good enough:

Processor: i5

Ram: 8Gb

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT820M (2gb)

Storage: 1Tb

Thank you.

Manfish

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014

When you say 'Barely' do you mean it runs at a low fps or would the laptop struggle to even keep the game open?

Manfish

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014
Ok, thanks for the answer. Just out of interest how big an impact do smaller mods (armor and weapons) have on fps.

I'm just wondering as the site you linked to said it could run it at 47 fps.

Thank you.

KaneKill

Estimable
May 20, 2015

I have Geforce 820M and Pentium N3530 2.16 GHZ and Forced it to play Skyrim on Ultra High with ENBs,2-4K Textures and Heavy Mods and Im playing at 30-35 FPS i think you can play it on 40+FPS
P.S my 820M has 1GB

Benigmatic

Estimable
May 27, 2015

Dude, KaneKill. I have a really hard time believing that you can run Skyrim that heavily modded with that hardware. What laptop model do you have? I run Skyrim heavily modded on a desktop with an i7, GTX 750 Ti, and 12gb ram, and get about 30-40fps with just a performance-ENB, no 2k textures, and no flora mods.

I'd love to know how you manage to get it to run like that on a 820m! (It's because I plan on maybe buying a weaker laptop with an 820m and a Core i3).

midou bronx

Estimable
May 31, 2015
Hi bro i'v got an asus laptop with the 820m 2gb and a i7 4th generation with 8gb ram and im playing skyrim smoothly with over than 80 mods and ome enb at a steady 46fps at 1366*??? With med settings

Manfish

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014
It's been a very long time since I got the laptop but after first reading the comments I presumed that it wasn't worth giving Skyrim a proper go. I decided to try it properly the other day and it is working far better than I thought it would. Still not perfect (Horrendous by some peoples standards) but I get a solid 30-40 frames per second when I have 8 followers all in HD armor on screen and I am planning to get an Alienware Alpha when I have the money. However that won't be this year as I need to focus on getting my driving license and also get to grips with A levels.

Thanks for the replies.

gbnshenst

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
However that won't be this year as I need to focus on getting my driving license and also get to grips with A levels.
93q1pM