Can you add a subwoofer to the Bose Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissa_45

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
I have the older discontinued Bose Companion 2 Series II speaker system add would like to be able to connect a subwoofer to it.
It is not a powered subwoofer and I was planning on buying a cheap amplifier to be able to make the connection.
I do not know much about speakers and would like to know if this is possible to do?

Here is a link of the Bose speaker I have:

https://www.amazon.ca/Bose-Companion-Multimedia-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000HZDF8W

All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Solution
How you connect the subwoofer/amp depends on what you connect it to,
If you have green (for the Bose) and orange (for the amp/sub) on your computer then the hookup is straight forward. Set the audio to 2.1
If you only have an audio output (like on a laptop) then you will need to split that output and connect to both the Bose and the amp/sub.
How you connect the subwoofer/amp depends on what you connect it to,
If you have green (for the Bose) and orange (for the amp/sub) on your computer then the hookup is straight forward. Set the audio to 2.1
If you only have an audio output (like on a laptop) then you will need to split that output and connect to both the Bose and the amp/sub.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.