Solved! Can you charge a laptop that can charge via USB-C with a common power bank?

dekw04

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible to charge a laptop that has USB-C charging as a feature using just a common power bank (the kind that you can buy inexpensively at many stores) and a USB-C cable.

With that said, can you charge a laptop that can charge via USB-C with a regular power bank and a USB-C cable?

Thank you.

Solution
Power Banks aren't designed for charging purposes - - they are only designed to be used as "instant power"- - ie a power source to use the laptop or phone when the built-in battery has run flat and you're nowhere near a mains socket.
Oct 24, 2018
Your laptop doesn't care for the origins of the electrical current, be that a power bank, or the official power adapter.

However, I highly doubt that a "common" power bank will provide a sufficient current for it to properly charge.

Incorrect voltage and ampere may also damage your battery, however it is my impression that this mostly happens when using a "too powerful" power adapter.