Can you track a person while on a call with them

Mar 6, 2018
I'm writing a film and the heroine and hero are connected on a call. The heroine is suddenly abducted and her phone falls to the car's floor but is still connected to the hero. That means he can hear everything going on. My question is - without "Find a Friend" or "Find my Phone" - can the hero track her location IF the call stays connected?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
If you are doing a film it does not matter, 80% of things they do in movies and TV shows you can't do in reality. The phone company can track the phone, there are a number of ways you can find the location of the phone, but they all need some sort of program or location service to run, which is basically the features you don't want to use. If you mean just find it because you are talking to it, no you can't do that. You need a GPS or cell tower triangulation to find the location, and that needs software to use.
If you are doing a film it does not matter, 80% of things they do in movies and TV shows you can't do in reality. The phone company can track the phone, there are a number of ways you can find the location of the phone, but they all need some sort of program or location service to run, which is basically the features you don't want to use. If you mean just find it because you are talking to it, no you can't do that. You need a GPS or cell tower triangulation to find the location, and that needs software to use.

Solution