Can you use a USB headset in an audio jack?

Dragon124515

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
My brother recently got a CREATIVE Sound Blaster Tactic3D Wraith headset in hopes of using it with his Kindle but after he opened the package he found out that it only had a USB connector. I was wondering whether it was possible to use it in a audio jack through use of an adapter and if yes where i could find such an adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Absolutely, positively not. A 3.5mm audio jack puts out an analog signal at a level that can drive headphones. A USB headset connector wants to eat bits. They are made physically incompatible because, among other reasons, they are incompatible.

While I'm sure that there are pieces of hardware that will do this, they have to be active, converting the analog signal to digital to feed the headset. At this point, you are converting digital (in the source) to analog (at the jack) to digital (in the converter) to analog (in the headset). Guaranteed loss of quality.

I had a strange thought, but I doubt it will work. Which type of Kindle? Does it have a USB port (it will be much smaller, but you probably have converter cables around...
Absolutely, positively not. A 3.5mm audio jack puts out an analog signal at a level that can drive headphones. A USB headset connector wants to eat bits. They are made physically incompatible because, among other reasons, they are incompatible.

While I'm sure that there are pieces of hardware that will do this, they have to be active, converting the analog signal to digital to feed the headset. At this point, you are converting digital (in the source) to analog (at the jack) to digital (in the converter) to analog (in the headset). Guaranteed loss of quality.

I had a strange thought, but I doubt it will work. Which type of Kindle? Does it have a USB port (it will be much smaller, but you probably have converter cables around already and they are cheap if you don't. Borrow one to test this.) If the Kindle supports audio over USB, there you go. I have never tried this.

Solution