Can you use a Windows laptop as the screen for a broken Android tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaventheWhiteBird

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how I can use (specifically) a Windows laptop as a second screen for an Android Tablet. Yeah, my 2 year old brother decided to throw my older brother's tablet on the ground.
And just so this answer doesn't show up, he can't buy a new one. Not trying to be rude or anything.
But please help me help my brother. I'll take any legitimate answer.
Much appreciated, Thanks!

Okay it's model is the iRola DX752 Android Jellybeans 4.2.2, Rockchip 2926 Cortex A9, 1.2GHZ. 7 Inch Capacitive Multi-touch Screen. Do The RAM and ROM matter?

Solution
If the tablet screen works but it is just cracked there are apps to mirror the tablet screen to the computer via wifi.

As far as outputing the tablet to the laptop, not really. Your laptop is designed to output video to other devices but not take an input. You can convert an old laptops screen to be a monitor but it will require so much hardware that it would be cheaper to buy an external monitor, and if your tablet does not have mhl or hdmi video out then you are dead in the water anyways. Then there is the fact that a monitor is not a touchscreen so you would not be able to interact with it.
If the tablet screen works but it is just cracked there are apps to mirror the tablet screen to the computer via wifi.

As far as outputing the tablet to the laptop, not really. Your laptop is designed to output video to other devices but not take an input. You can convert an old laptops screen to be a monitor but it will require so much hardware that it would be cheaper to buy an external monitor, and if your tablet does not have mhl or hdmi video out then you are dead in the water anyways. Then there is the fact that a monitor is not a touchscreen so you would not be able to interact with it.

Solution

Karthik Ga

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
jelly bean 4.2.2 does not have a screen mirroring feature.However u can use App called airdroid to wirelessly transfer files to laptop/pc and many other features.I dont think there is any other major app which can be used to cast or share screen to a laptop or PC.
hope it helps:)

RaventheWhiteBird

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014

Thank You

Scritter

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I don't know if you are still checking this, if not maybe It'll help another.
TEAMVIEWER is the app you want. You can put everything off onto either the laptop from the tablet or the tablet to the laptop. It's free and there ifs no mystery to the installation or use.

Another thing to check if you mess with hardware; I Don't know where you live but in my city we have a Goodwill Thrift store called "The Goodwill Computer Store". They are kind of scarce but there is at least one in each region of the USA. The last time I was there they had screens from both tablets and laptops in all sizes for $10.00. There are very few (3?) companies that manufacture the LCD/LED screens. You will find that there are very few connector types - even between brands. Make sure that the one you get has specs that are at least as good if not better (you can usually use a higher resolution screen with a lower (and/or older) cable.

Metako-a-o-yasin!
Scritter

Status
Not open for further replies.