Cannot get sound on tv when connected to laptop via HDMI.

marmar47

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Just bought a new tv, tried connecting laptop to tv via HDMI, but I cannot get any sound on tv. Same setup on old tv worked perfectly well - any ideas?

maikutech

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Check your sound settings within windows control panel, make sure you see your tv show up in the menu as in available sound source.
Name of the tv and model number with laptop specs will help out more.

maikutech

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Check your sound settings within windows control panel, make sure you see your tv show up in the menu as in available sound source.
Name of the tv and model number with laptop specs will help out more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 7
0 Streaming Video & TVs 3
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 20
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Trouble connecting projector to receiver and connecting laptop to receiver to stream video and sound to 5.1 speaker surround system
how to gate sound output for sony projector for connect hdmi cable for laptop
Connect Surround Sound Speakers Thru Laptop - How to?
Can't ge connected surround sound to work with laptop, despite both connected to TV
I am using hdmi converter to connect my dell laptop. It does not show any hdmi optionin sound system
I've connected my laptop to my toshiba tv. Got picture. No sound. Worked great on my RCA. Did the proper selection, but not
My HDMI port is broke on my TV and I want to play movies off my laptop and connect to my surround sound as well best help plea
Connecting laptop to Surround sound speaker system
Is it possible to connect a laptop who have bluetoth to my no bluetooth Samsung smart tv and I hear sound on my wireless bluet
I want to connect a Toshiba Satellite C855 laptop to a JVC 6008V just for sound
No sound from TV when connected through HDMI cable
how do i get the sound through panasonic home theater from a laptop, which is connected to samsung smart tv through HDMI cable
Connected my toshiba laptop to TV with HDMI get sound but no picture
Laptop connect to LCD with HDMI , how do I connect my non hdmi receiver in order to get the surround sounds and not the LCD's
i connected my acer laptop to the projector can get sound
how do connect laptop to surround sound system then to tv
how to connect laptop to home theater system just for sound? what all things do i need and how should i set it up
How to connect, Video from Dell Laptop (HDMI), and Sound from Dell Laptop to Sony Surround System (RCA)??
No audio coming out of the surround sound when connecting HDMI cable from Laptop to Projector.
How to connect Laptop to 5.1 surround sound

ASK THE COMMUNITY