Cannot install windows 7 back onto my Asus x401a Notebook

Steavo1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Hi guys, i have a problem trying to intall windows 7 back onto my asus x401a notebook, i took out my hard drive and formatted it so i could have a fresh install on it instead of all the crap that comes with a new notebook. the problem is when i try to install win 7 it loads files then i get the blue screen of death telling me that my bios is not ACPI compliant and that i need to update the bios. fair enough i go to the Asus website and download the newest version of the bios , then i use the installed easy flash to update the bios and all i get is the bios image file is invalid? i have contacted Asus Support without much luck. all they keep saying is disable secure boot and enable csm in the bios. The problem with doing that is that there is no such options in my bios. i have tried everything i know but to no avail, i am tearing my hair out here, any help with this problem would be much appreciated guys

Thx in advance

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
For future reference, if you want to reinstall an operating system or whatever, you don't have to pull the drive out and format it, the install on the CD gives you options for doing that. :)

So when you get a blue screen of death during the install and then your BIOS tells you that it's not ACPI compliant; have to admit, this is a first for me. Would it be possible for you to upload a pic or two so we can see?

Steavo1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

Hi, thx for your reply, the reason i took the hard drive out to format it is because my notebook does not have an optical drive in it, every time time i connected my external optical drive to install windows the notebook would not reconize the drive, i even tried changing settings in the bios but still it would not recognize the drive. that was the reason i had to take it out and format it.. i have the pictures but not sure how to upload them.

sorry about that the pictures never uploaded, will keep trying.

http://

Clich the http and you will see the pictures, the first 1 is what i get straight after trying to install windows, the second picture is what i get when i try to update the bios, they both have me baffled.

Steavo1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

here are the pictures first 1 is the blue screen of death and the second is the bios image file is invalid
xpZep

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
What a trip. Alright, well, I would think the next thing to do would be to reset the BIOS. You can do this either in the BIOS screen or you can do a hard reset by taking the battery out. Either way, the configuration in there now is no good and it needs to be defaulted back to what it came with. Resetting in the BIOS itself should do it, but if it doesn't, yank the CMOS battery out and leave the whole thing unplugged and take the regular battery out. Leave it this way for about 10mins or and put it back together and see what happens.

Steavo1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

I have already tried them both, resetting the bios has no effect whatsoever, i had the cmos battery out over night to see if that would do the trick but to no avail. the part i cannot understand is that it says to update the bios which i tried with the update straight from their site, yet when i try to update the bios i get the bios file is invalid, what's that all about, i know quite a bit about computers but this is just baffling me, that's why i have had to post my problem on this site because i am totally out of ideas.